Managing memberships happens in 3 steps:
- Define each membership level.
- Make memberships available for purchase.
- Member Login, Portal & Renewal
A. Defining each membership level
The goal here is to define each membership level so GiveCloud understands which membership levels your members can belong to. Consider all membership levels, not only the ones you want to make available online. You can manage which memberships are available for purchase in a later step.
To create membership levels:
- Go to Settings & Admin > Memberships setting panel.
- Click the '+ Add' button at the top of your screen to add a membership level.
- Complete the steps for creating a membership level.
If everyone with this membership level should receive a specific set of discounts, be sure to select the appropriate discount from the Benefits section. You may need to create the discounts first. You can add as many discounts as you want.
If everyone with this membership level should have access to locked content or forms, use the Secure Content section to identify what content should be locked to your new membership level.
If you are connected to a CRM like DonorPerfect, it's important that you associate the membership level you are creating in GiveCloud with the equivalent membership level in your CRM. You should see a blue integration panel at the bottom of your screen where you can set that up. If you don't see it, check the connectivity to your CRM and permission level in GiveCloud.
- Hit save.
B. Making memberships available for purchase
In order to allow memberships to be purchased, a membership needs to be linked to a 'product' that is available for purchase.
- If you haven't already, create a product that represents the membership level. This is different than the membership level itself. This is the public-facing form that your donors must 'add to their cart' in order to purchase this membership.
- In the Stock & Price tab of the product you've selected, choose the membership level that the product variant links to.
- Save those changes.
Now, anytime that specific variant is purchased, the individual who processes the payment will receive that membership level.
C. Member Login, Portal & Renewal
Each time your donor puchases a memberships, an account is created for them in GiveCloud, on your website and in DonorPerfect. They can use that login to manage their membership level and access their membership benefits.
To ensure your donors can access their membership level settings through their profile, do the following:
- Go to Site Design and click the Edit button on your active theme.
- Look for the Donor Portal settings and turn on 'Show Membership Status'. When this is enabled, donors will see their membership status in their profile screen.
- Save those changes.