Build deeper engagement with your donor's and streamline your donor management by enabling your GiveCloud Donor Portal.
- Donor's can 'create an account' with your organization.
- Donor's that may already have an account from the past but have forgotten how to access it can reset their password easily.
- Your donor's can login and view their account details.
- You can optionally allow them to update their name, email, address, contact settings, add payment methods, remove payment methods, and change recurring payment options.
- You can optionally create content only available to logged in users.
- Automatically apply discounts or show exclusive forms or products to select groups of donors.
- If you have enabled a CRM integration, GiveCloud can display information directly from your CRM in the DonorPortal (for example: historical giving from 15 years ago).
Creating an Account
Before a donor can use the portal, they will need to have an account. There are several ways for your donors to create an account.
Create an Account During a Donation or Purchase
While the donor is filling out a donation or checkout form, they will be asked to optionally create a password for their account. If they choose to do so, they will be instantly logged in to their account after the payment is completed. They can access their account at any time.
Register for a New Account
A donor can find the "Register" or "Sign-Up" link and create an account from that form. It will ask for their:
- First and last name
- ZIP / Postal
Accessing the Donor Portal
Your donors must login to access the donor portal. In order to login, a donor must know their email and password. If they do not know their password, they can still access their account and reset their password.
Accessing With a Password
- Typically, have your donors look for a 'My Account' link in the header that drops-down a Login panel. However, this will depend on the theme you have installed. Alternatively, look for Login or Sign-In links in the header of your GiveCloud site.
- Advise your donors to enter the email they use when donating and their password, then hit "Login".
Accessing Without a Password
- Advise your donors to visit your password reset page. This is typically: https://mycharity.givecloud.com/account/reset-password.
- Instruct your donors to enter their email address, then hit "Reset Password". This will send them a link to their account where they will be instantly logged in. Before they can click through the portal, they will be asked to create a new password. For security purposes, the link they click from their email will expire after only a couple of hours.
Donor Portal Screens
A donor will have a home screen they can use to see a holistic view of their account.
Donor's can view and (optionally) edit their first name, last name, email, password, billing address, shipping address, contact settings and (if enabled) their membership level.
Donor's can review all their payment history and review order invoices and statuses.
My Tax Receipts
Donor's can review individual and annualize tax receipts as PDFs for print or download, ondemand.
My Sponsorships (Child Sponsorship Only)
Donor's who sponsor a child can review all the children they sponsor and view their child's timeline.
My Payment Methods
Donor's can review all their saved payment methods (including credit cards, bank accounts, etc). They can add and remove additional payment methods.
My Recurring Payments
Donor's can view any automated recurring payments and (optionally) adjust the amount, frequency, date, number of occurrences and end date.
Limiting Donor Portal Access & Permissions
You can limit what donors are able to view and access through your donor portal.
- Go to Settings & Admin > Accounts
- Scroll to the 'Donor Portal Features' panel and use the on-screen prompts to adjust the settings as you see fit.
- Hit 'Save' in the top right corner.
Automated Donor Portal Notifications
There are a handful of automated communications that GiveCloud can send to the donor that will genuinely appear as though they were sent by you.
- When an account is first created, your donor can receive a "Welcome!" email. You may use this opportunity to welcome them to an exclusive social group, inform them on how to navigate their portal, or let them know about exclusive content or discounts they now have access to.
- When a donor updates their profile, a donor can receive a "Your profile has changed" email. This email outlines the updates the donor made and confirms they were saved. Hint: You may want a key staff member BCC'd on this type of email - just to keep track of the types of updates your donors are making.
When you have connected GiveCloud to your CRM, we will automatically talk back and forth to your primary CRM database to show the correct information to your donors.
Link Existing Donors
If an existing donor from your CRM tries to create an account through your GiveCloud registration or payment pages, GiveCloud will silently link up the donor using our Donor Matching Intelligence.
Viewing CRM Profile and Historical Data
Once GiveCloud has linked up a donor form your CRM to an account in GiveCloud, that donor will be able to view all their profile and historical data from your CRM through the Donor Portal. Further, they can optionally be given permission to update that information, which will automatically update your CRM.