You may have recurring payments where donors send in a cheque or cash on a periodic basis or you may have recurring payments that are being processed in another system and want to keep track of them in GiveCloud. Manual recurring payments will allow you to keep track of the amount of the payment, the frequency of the recurring payment, when the next payment is due and how each payment is made.
You can create manual recurring payments through the POS:
- Go to the POS
- Select the donation item (item must have a recurring option)
- Enter an amount, frequency and choose the billing date (if using fixed payments)
- Choose an existing account OR enter billing info if the donor does not already have an account
- Click 'Complete Order'
- Choose the Payment Type - Cash, Cheque or Other
- Enter the required fields depending on the Payment Type selected
- Click 'Finish'.
Thats it! You've now setup a manual recurring payment. Remember, manual recurring payments are not charged automatically. They need to be charged manually whenever a payment is made by the donor
Charging a manual recurring payment
- Find the manual recurring payment in Recurring Txns > Recurring Payments in the left menu. You can filter by manual recurring payments using the 'Auto & Manual' filter.
- Click on the payment
- In the top right, click the gear icon and choose 'Charge Now'
- Select the Payment Method - Check, Cash, Other
- Enter a reference and a note to help track the payment
- Click 'Process Charge'
When the charge is completed, you will notice that the 'Next billing date' is now updated based on the date that the charge is processed. You will also see the transaction show up in the 'Transactions' tab.
In some instances, you may want to change the 'next billing date' of the recurring payment. You can do this by clicking 'Modify' in the top right.