How it Works
When you enabled Fundraising Pages, you'll allow your supporters to create their own fundraising pages on your GiveCloud powered website. Your supporters can promote and share their links. Your GiveCloud site will also list all the pages for donors to browse and give towards.
Creating a Fundraising Page
Supporters will click a link on your site to 'Create a Page'. Once they do, they'll be prompted for a page name, photo, description, goal and deadline. If they don't already have an account, they'll be prompted to create one AFTER they've entered their page information. Once they hit save, their account is created and their page is instantly live for promoting and fundraising.
Moderating Fundraising Pages
Your supporters will be able to create as many pages as they want and their page will go live instantly. When a page goes live, your staff will be notified with an email that shows a summary of the page as well as a 'Suspend Page' link to instantly remove the page if it is inappropriate.
On every published page, there is a "Report this Page" link that donors can use to report bad pages to help you moderate your fundraising pages.
⚠️Nothing goes live without your team being notified via email with a chance to instantly suspend the page.
In the Fundraising Page settings, you can assign different users to be notified when pages are created and pages are reported.
Tracking & Reporting
From the left menu, there is a new Sell & Fundraise > Fundraising Pages menu item that lists all fundraising pages. You can filter, sort, search and export this list. Clicking on an individual page gives you the ability to view specific donations on that page, suspend the page or delete the page.
Getting it Setup
Enable Fundraising Pages
- Go to Settings & Admin > Sell & Fundraise > Fundraising Pages. Click the switch to enable Fundraising Pages.
- You can control which Fundraising Item all page donations are tracked against. For example: "Where Needed Most" vs "Building Fund" vs "Race Weekend 2019". This only impacts sales tracking and not the style of the page. Use the 'Fundraising Options' panel to select the fundraising item you want to track all your donations against. If you are connected to a CRM like DonorPerfect, consider that all donations will use this Fundraising Item's financial coding. You can select multiple items. When you do, your supporters will have choice of which type of page to create.
- Categories allow you to organize your fundraising pages. We've pre-populated some ideas for you - but you can do whatever you'd like :)
- The abuse reporting settings allow you to pre-select which reasons people can use when reporting abuse of a page.
- Select which staff members should be notified when pages are created or reported.
Creating Links to Fundraising Pages
There are two important links you are going to want to create menu items for and start advertising.
List of Fundraising Pages:
Create a Fundraising Page:
We suggest creating a page on your site that explains your fundraising program. From that page, you can direct people to find a page to support or to create their own page. To create a page like that, go to Website > Pages & Menus, click the Add button, and create a new Page. Hit Save and then format the page however you'd like.
If you are using the Basic Theme, here's a great snippet for two big buttons to find a page or create a page. Paste the following code at the very bottom of your page in the 'Code' tab of your website editor.
<div class="col-xs-12 col-sm-6 col-md-4 col-md-offset-2"><a class="btn bottom-gutter btn-primary btn-block btn-lg" href="/fundraisers">Find a Fundraiser</a></div>
<div class="col-xs-12 col-sm-6 col-md-4"><a class="btn bottom-gutter btn-primary btn-block btn-lg" href="/fundraisers/create">Create a Fundraiser</a></div>
Tracking Offline Payments
There are two ways of tracking offline payments made against a fundraising page.
1. Data Enter Each Payment Through the Point of Sale
You can properly track each offline payment received to a fundraising page; whether it's a check, cash, or some other form of payment. You do this same way you would track any other offline payment - by using the Point of Sale.
- From the top right menu, select POS.
- From the category list, choose 'Fundraisers'.
- From the Fundraisers pop-up, choose the fundraiser for which you are adding a payment and choose the amount. Then click 'Add'.
- Complete the order as you would any other data entered payment.
NOTE: At the moment, you can only data enter one-time payments.
2. Manually Change the Number
Admin staff can manually change the amount raised and the number of donors who have given to a fundraiser. This is called 'Offset Progress'. This will offset the true amount raised and/or the number of donors who have given to page by any amounts you choose.
- From the left menu, select Sell & Fundraise > Fundraising Pages
- Find the fundraiser you want to manually override and click on it.
- You'll now see a summary screen for that fundraiser. Look for the 'Edit' button in the top right corner and click it.
- You'll now see the option to offset the amount raised and the number of donors. Adjust those offsets as you choose, then click 'Save'.
Once you hit save, you'll notice that the progress and number of donors will now include the amount you've manually offset.
- Team Page and Team Members 🏃♀️
- Automated Progress Email Notifications to Fundraisers 💌