Referral Sources allow you to track how donors are finding your organization no matter how they are interacting with your organization (including online forms, shopping carts, fundraising pages, iOS kiosk, point of sale and more).
- Collect the Referral Source across all fundraising channels (typically: "How'd you hear about us?", but you can customize)
- Filter your reports by Referral Source and visualize what Sources are driving your fundraising forward.
Setup & Customization
- From the left menu, click Settings & Admin > Accounts.
- Scroll to the Referral Sources setting panel. Enable the feature by toggling the Yes/No slider. Use the Options field to add or remove options. These options will automatically update across all your fundraising pages (including text-to-give and kiosks).
- Click Save in the top right corner.
Reporting & Exports
Look for the new 'Referral Sources...' filter on all your reports and as an additional columns in your data exports.
CRM Integrations: Best Practices
If you are using a CRM integration, be sure you consider how you want this powerful data to be imported into your CRM system so you can generate the appropriate reports.
We recommend passing referral source into SOLICIT_CODE.
- Go to Settings & Admin > Integrations > DonorPerfect.
- Scroll to the GC Metadata section and look for the Referral Source field.
- Set the Referral Source field to SOLICIT_CODE.
- Scroll to the top and click the Save button.