GiveCloud's technology allows you to customize your domain safely and securely without your donors ever seeing GiveCloud in their address bar. This creates a truly custom-branded and more trusted experience.
You can choose any domain or subdomain you'd like. For example:
- mycharity.givecloud.com (default)
- mycharity.org (or anything.com, .org, .net, .co, .co.uk, etc)
- give.mycharity.org (or anything.mycharity.org)
Customizing your domain is a simple two step process.
- Go to Settings & Admin > Website.
- In the Custom Domain section, enter the custom domain you want to use.
- On the left side of the Custom Domain panel, follow the instructions that will connect your domain to the GiveCloud servers (using either a CNAME or A-RECORD).
- Hit Save. 🎉
Notes to Domain Administrators (aka: Nerds 👩🏽💻)
For a Top-level domain (TLD) like
example.com, you should use an A record pointing to
22.214.171.124. Be warned: You should not use a CNAME record with a TLD, as it may cause issues with other services on the domain, like email.
For a Subdomain, it is best to set a CNAME record pointing to your GiveCloud subdomain. This allows the DNS to automatically adjust if the server's IP is changed on GiveCloud. You can also use an A record as above, but it will not auto-update.